The role holder is responsible for preparing and managing the accounting services for the client entities. Specifically, this will include the preparation of annual accounts, VAT and tax returns, cash flow overview, invoices etc.
- Managing and monitoring tax (Company corporate tax (“Impôt des sociétés”)) and the daily accounting of client companies of the Employer.
- Preparing of annual accounts, interim accounts, VAT returns, annual tax returns, cash flow overview, budget, payment of bills, issuing invoices.
- Accurate preparation of balance sheet and income statements and various other accounting statements and reports required by the client.
- Assist clients in opening of bank accounts and ensure the bank accounts are set up for efficient transaction monitoring.
- Responsible for transaction monitoring of incoming payments for clients handled in accordance with prevailing laws, regulations and internal policies.
- Ensure accounts are prepared in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles within timelines.
- Analyze and provide value added reports on the annual accounts of clients which will assist clients in taking business decisions.
- Preparation of internal annual accounts, interim accounts, regulatory reporting, VAT returns, annual tax returns, cash flow overview, budget, payment of bills, issuing invoices.
- Actively participating in growing and marketing our business both with existing clients to grow the portfolio and develop new business through client referrals.
- Manage client portfolio in an effective way to ensure that all information in the client files is correct and up-to-date at all times.
- Follow up with clients directly and/or with Account Managers to get all relevant information on time to ensure timely accounting and filing.
- Coordinate with team members and other departments to provide high quality service to the clients.
- Actively engage with clients, resolve and respond to payment queries from clients on any matters relating to the deliverable and invoices to ensure collection of outstanding invoices for accounting services; Monitoring of collection of invoices for Accounting Services.
- Accurately record chargeable time and value of service using Maconomy in order to facilitate timely invoices.
- Monitor actual time spent against budgets and resolve identified variances in a timely and effective manner.
- Monitor personal productivity and chargeability on weekly basis; achieve chargeability targets consistently through review of productivity and performance against targets.
- Maintain contacts with the client(s) and any professional intermediary(ies) (i.e. legal counsel, tax advisor, managers, bankers, notaries, company auditors) and the verification of any deed, agreement, contract , document, etc. required to implement structures and necessary to establish and obtain the required information for the accounting of client companies.
- Interact with external auditors to assist with the completion of mandatory audits.
- Act as a trusted advisor to the client and adhere to the regular client contact/communication guidelines set by the Company, aimed at building personal and long-term relationship with the clients.
- Undertake the role of director, trustee, nominee, manager, partner, secretary, authorized signatory or any related position in internal entities or client entities of Amicorp Group, where necessary and required by the Management.
- Undertake such other duties, related to the position, as may from time to time be agreed with Management.
Qualifications, skills, and experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Finance and Accounting or another similar field of study.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant working experience within the trust and corporate services industry and/or financial services.
- ACCA/ACA/CFA qualification would be highly advantageous.
- Well-informed about current issues, regulations, tax and accounting developments. Demonstrate subject matter expertise, credibility and effective partnering with intermediaries, clients and colleagues to identify and evaluate opportunities and arrive at solutions.
- Good understanding of key financial services and industry related legislation. Familiar with international requirements – e.g. FATCA, CRS, BEPS, GAAR, ESR, that affects the clients and entities in target markets.
- Strong commercial mindset, takes initiative, positive and proactive, dedicated, focused and revenue and target driven.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent client facing skills. Well-developed spoken and written communication skills and the ability to tailor style to relevant audiences, and successfully liaise with people at different levels. Excellent English language fluency; additional languages preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, solution driven, highly organized and detail-orientated with good decision making and time management skills. Independent, hands-on and takes accountability to deliver solutions and results.
- Ability to adapt and work in a smaller, dynamic local team environment; along with being part of a bigger matrix organization. Proven leadership and team player skills, with ambition to excel in the role.