A limited partner fund structure is a flexible choice of collective investment vehicles. Away from the traditional Cayman Islands Exempted Limited Partnership, the new Hong Kong Limited Partnership Fund (LPF) adds a more economical yet exciting option for sophisticated fund managers and high-net-worth individuals considering private equity or venture capital investments.
Hong Kong launched the Limited Partnership Fund (LPF) regime under the Limited Partnership Fund Ordinance (Chapter 637 of the Laws of Hong Kong) (LPF). The fund acts through the General Partner (GP) does not have a separate legal entity, and works with a Securities and Futures Commission (SFC) licensed investment manager handling day-to-day management functions.
The Hong Kong LPF is similar to a Cayman Islands GPLP structure and is primarily custom-made for private equity and venture capital funds.
BENEFITS OF THE HONG KONG LPF
- HK LPF income will be exempted from Hong Kong profit tax (subject to conditions of the LPF) if it satisfies the exemption under section 20AN of the Inland Revenue Ordinance (IRO)
- Hong Kong is a member of the Financial Action Task Force (FATF) for global money laundering with stringent and transparent legislation and policies
- Low setup cost compared to other fund jurisdictions
- Limited Liabilities of the Limited Partners (LPs)
- Flexibility in the contractual terms between the GP and the LPs
With the benefit of the Closer Economic Partnership Agreement (CEPA), HK LPF provides a unique collective investment platform to complement investing in China with vast potentials.
ADVANTAGES OF WORKING WITH US
Through a relationship team in our Amicorp Fund Services office in Hong Kong we understand our clients’ needs and provide tailored solutions locally, taking away the administrative stress of the GP by providing a one-stop-shop. We can assist you with:
- Registered offices
- Referral of network of professional intermediaries
- Qualified anti-money laundering responsible person
- Transaction monitoring
- Board meeting services
In a nutshell, Amicorp Fund Services relieves the operational and regulatory burden, allowing clients to monitor their investments’ performance as closely as possible. We do this by offering:
In short, Amicorp Fund Services provides:
- Comprehensive services to alternative investment funds, with an organizational model designed for maximum synergy and efficiency
- Global coverage when it comes to Fund administration and related services
- Seamless execution of services based on processes and procedures that are independently audited for effectiveness which results in an annual ISAE 3402 type II certification
GLOBAL LOCATIONS & NETWORK
We form a partnership with the Hong Kong-based Amicorp Group and have access to an international network, offering access to expert knowledge and skills of professionals globally. The breadth of our network ensures that there is always an office close to you, offering the full range of solutions. An added advantage is the seamless and effortless connection between our offices and professionals around the world.