The role is responsible for ensuring that the contractual, regulatory and statutory responsibilities of Amicorp Fund Services are met whilst simultaneously driving the commercial growth of the business by increasing sales. The role holder is responsible for the management of the Fund team in the set-up and administration of a number of investment funds and underlying investors.
- Deal Facilitation:
- Act as a technical reference point for the Fund business to various Amicorp offices, clients and third parties.
- Ensure optimal funds’ business structuring.
- Co-ordinate the drafting and follow and comply with regulatory documents leading to the launch of new funds/related products.
- Analyze, assess and suggest business structures and transactions, including funds and structured products.
- Continuous review and suggesting clients on existing structures’ improvements.
- Comply with commercial, legal, fiscal and regulatory agreements and documents.
- Act as primary contact with clients and other related parties; Adopt a pro-active and can-do approach with clients.
- Sales Planning and Growth:
- Support the sales team in accordance with targets as outlined in personal targets/KPIs.
- Develop and maintain ambitious sales plan for the country; with focus on the strategies and tactics for acquisition of new business as well as growth of existing business and support for the office network, with the plan centering around the what, where, why, how and when in order to exceed the targets.
- Actively seek and recognize sales opportunities – identify needs and create an interest and deal with common objections.
- Further develop and leverage existing relationships and actively prospect new customers and intermediaries (Client Relationship Management).
- Funds Reporting and Compliance:
- Responsible for the accurate and timely issuance of funds’ NAVs in line with prospectus, laws and regulations.
- Minimize pricing errors and ensuring necessary controls so that none exceed 0.5% of NAV.
- Ensure that work performed is properly invoiced and timely collected.
- Ensure due diligence at business set-up and on-going.
- Provide underlying investments’ valuations, as contracted.
- Co-ordinate the Funds’ financial and fiscal reporting. co-ordinate/prepare Regulatory reporting on Funds and investors.
- Prepare internal reporting, including competitors’ analysis.
- Act as a reference point with the Regulator, Auditors, Banks, Brokers, Amicorp group and other related parties.
- Be pro-active of regulatory changes having an effect on the funds and/or underlying investors.
- Team Management
- Manage the funds’ team in the day-to-day activities.
- Ensure the funds team is capable of delivering the services as agreed with clients.
- Coordinate and supervise training thus ensuring all staff have adequate competences to execute their functions.
- Promote and ensure policies, procedures and work-instructions with operational staff in order to achieve a standardized operating model.
- Propose relevant changes to procedures and systems in order to optimize the internal processes of the funds department.
- Ensure operational excellence with other Group counterparts.
- Valuing different cultures and promoting improvement ideas.
- Other Duties:
- Undertake the role of director, trustee, nominee, manager, partner, secretary, authorized signatory or any related position in internal entities or client entities of Amicorp Group, where necessary and required by the Management. Act as funds’ director, compliance officer and/or company secretary, as necessary.
- Undertake such other duties, related to the position, as may from time to time be agreed with Management.
Qualifications, skills, and experience
- Minimum Bachelor degree with over 12 years’ experience in the investment fund industry and a relevant network with contact to family offices, Investment Advisers, Foreign Investors, Venture Capital Industry and AFORES.
- Fair knowledge regarding the Mexico’s regulations (Ley de Fondos de Inversion, CKDs, CERPIs, CONSAR and CNBV) Knowledge regarding NAV calculations, Fund Accountability, Capital Calls, the tax fund structure and Audit processes. Very good accounting knowledge, hands-on experience with various accounting principles (IFRS, US GAAP). A full understanding of and expertise on both UCITS and Alternative Investment funds and more in particular private equity and venture capital funds.
- Hands-on experience in accounting with a private equity/real estate organization or service provider (accounting firm, central administration). Previous experiencing of coordinating the work of a team, monitoring progress and reporting activities is desirable.
- Hands on experience in the field of Fund Accounting, Investor Services, Fund Structuring and/or Fund Directorships. Good understanding of local market Fund regulations. Knowledge of PFX Paxus would be an advantage.
- Extensive knowledge of the industry, its participants as well as the full suite of services offered by Amicorp Fund Services. Capability to act as a market builder in the country.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills. Successful team management experience including performance management and employee development.
- Excellent client facing skills. Well-developed spoken and written communication skills and the ability to tailor style to relevant audiences, and successfully liaise with people at different levels. Excellent English language fluency; additional languages preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, solution driven, highly organized and detail-orientated with good decision making and time management skills. Independent, hands-on and takes accountability to deliver solutions and results.
- Ability to adapt and work in a smaller, dynamic local team environment; along with being part of a bigger matrix organization. Proven leadership and team player skills, with ambition to excel in the role.