The role holder will be responsible for managing the Internal Audit activities for Amicorp Fund Services (“AFS”) to provide the Board of AFS and Senior Management reasonable assurance that all controls relating to compliance of applicable laws, regulations and practices affecting the company are appropriately designed and working effectively. This role will provide objective and professional evaluations of the control environment of Amicorp Fund Services and assist management to accomplish their goals.
- Strengthen the risk and control environment of Amicorp Fund Services (“AFS”) by designing and implementing Internal audit plans and programs for the audits at the business unit level factoring in local laws, taxation, license, and other audit requirements.
- Evaluate the efficacy of risk management and operational procedures that are currently in place by rolling out the Internal Control Questionnaire (“ICQ”).
- Plan and conduct reviews of internal controls in operations, compliance and regulatory requirements for AFS across its jurisdictions.
- Evaluate audit findings; prepare and present the results of audit work and recommendations to the auditee, Local Management Team, AFS Board and the Chief Risk Officer in the form of oral and written communications.
- Review global regulatory and compliance related changes including AML and CTF, recommend changes in policies or procedures (operational and compliance including AML and CTF) to increase efficiency of operations or to improve safeguards over regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Proactively follow-up to ensure closure management action plans agreed at the end of an audit and to determine adequacy of such corrective actions.
- Execute and be accountable for meeting deliverables, data quality, methodology and quality assurance standards.
- Manage multiple audit or projects within assigned budget, timeframe and resources.
- Conduct special audits and/or assignments.
- Undertake such other duties as may from time to time be agreed with the Reporting Manager to accomplish specific projects.
- Undertake the role of director, trustee, nominee, manager, partner, secretary, authorized signatory or any related position in internal entities or client entities of Amicorp Group, where necessary and required by the Management.
- Undertake such other duties, related to the position, as may from time to time be agreed with Management.
Qualifications, skills, and experience
- Individual should possess a Bachelor’s degree and professional certification in Accounting, Audit or another related field (CA, CPA, CIA)
- At least 6-9 years experience gained within internal audit/risk in consulting firms or fund industry is desirable
- Strong commercial mindset, takes initiative, positive and proactive, dedicated, focused and revenue and target driven.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills. Successful team management experience including performance management and employee development.
- Excellent client facing skills. Well-developed spoken and written communication skills and the ability to tailor style to relevant audiences, and successfully liaise with people at different levels. Excellent English language fluency; additional languages preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, solution driven, highly organized and detail-orientated with good decision making and time management skills. Independent, hands-on and takes accountability to deliver solutions and results.
- Ability to adapt and work in a smaller, dynamic local team environment; along with being part of a bigger matrix organization. Proven leadership and team player skills, with ambition to excel in the role.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of operational efficiency issues and quality management and control matters.
- Willing to travel within the country and outside the country when required.